Join the Brotherhood - It's easier than ever!
We exist to support the bond we share as Brothers-in-arms, wherever life takes us. Whether Active Duty, reserve, Retired, or Separated, CGTLEA is home to the Brotherhood of tactical law enforcement professionals. Join now!
Spring Membership Drive - Free Thermal Flask!!
Starting March 12th, new members who join before May 1st will receive a FREE* Thermal Flask.
* Note: In order to qualify for a free thermal flask, new members must have a monthly allotment of at least $10 (or equivalent annual dues).
** Already a member in good standing? Refer a new member and receive a free CGTLEA bottle koozie!
Our mission is to support our members and families; serve as the voice for the tactical law enforcement community; strengthen our fraternity of Tactical Law Enforcement professionals; facilitate the process to improve our program; advance the reputation of the Tactical Law Enforcement community; and provide our brothers in arms a common meeting grounds for themselves and their families to gather and enjoy the camaraderie of all those who have served in supporting TLE units.
Regular membership eligibility criteria:
- Two or more years of service in a Deployable Specialized Forces command cadre or operational assignment; or
- Designation to wear the Tactical Law Enforcement Insignia; or
- Designation to wear the Port Security Unit Insignia; or
- Certification as an Advanced Interdiction Coxswain.
Associate membership eligibility criteria:
- Less than two years of service in a Deployable Specialized Forces command cadre or operational billet; or
- Coast Guard service in a Harbor Defense Command Unit or Naval Coastal Warfare Squadron; or
- Any service in a Deployable Specialized Forces mission support billet (including staff assignments); or
- Any service at a law enforcement training center such as the Special Missions Training Center, Maritime Law Enforcement Academy, or Regional Fisheries Training Center; or
- Any Maritime Enforcement Specialist rated personnel; or
- Any Coast Guard personnel with current or previous law enforcement certifications (e.g. Boarding Officer, Boarding Team Member, Tactical or Pursuit Coxswain, Tactical or Pursuit Boat Crew Member); or
- Any international training/operational advisory service (DIAT/IMLET/ITD/MTB, MIPFTAG); or
- Any Coast Guard service in a Combat Tax Exclusion Zone; or
- Any service at Helicopter Interdiction Tactical Squadron or other aviation unit engaged in aerial use of force, rotary wing air intercept, tactical fast roping, or other law enforcement related activities.
- Civilian or otherwise non-Coast Guard law enforcement personnel who are not eligible for Coast Guard Tactical Law Enforcement Association membership, but desire to support the Deployable Specialized Forces.
- All Supporter Society contributions directly fund Deployable Specialized Forces emergency assistance and scholarship programs; these donations to the CGTLE Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity organization, are tax deductible to the extent that the law allows.
You have the option to choose your own level of membership support, and any amount above the $5/mo membership dues is treated as a tax-deductible (to the extent that the law allows) voluntary donation to directly support the Emergency Assistance Fund & Nate Bruckenthal Memorial Scholarship!