CGTLEA Challenge Coin
CGTLEA Challenge Coin
In accordance with our proud history and traditions, "Coin Checks" are permitted ANY TIME, ANY PLACE... so be ready!
This 2" official CGTLEA Challenge Coin is struck in a nickel alloy with an antique silver finish and enamel highlights.
OBVERSE - On a Sable disc edged silver, the CGTLEA crest Argent, namely a compass rose and shield centered between two crossed swords, to represent the U.S. Coast Guard Tactical Law Enforcement personnel whom we serve. Silver represents loyalty and dependability; black represents strength and stability.
REVERSE - Inscribed upon a silver annulet, the words "COAST GUARD" at top and below "TACTICAL LAW ENFORCEMENT ASSOCIATION" in black between two mullets, one each to represent those currently serving and those who served before, on whose shoulders we now stand. Within the annulet, atop a field Argent, five unit crests to represent current and legacy Deployable Specialized Forces or related special mission units. In chief, proceeding clockwise:
- Maritime Security Response Team (MSRT) - To represent counterterrorism forces. Current MSRT; former E-MSST / SRT-1 (Chesapeake).
- Tactical Law Enforcement Team (TACLET) - To represent counterdrug and maritime law enforcement forces. Current Pacific (San Diego) and South (Miami); former Gulf (New Orleans) and North (Chesapeake), as well as original Law Enforcement Detachment (LEDET) forebears: Miami, San Juan, Key West, St Petersburg, Mayport, Corpus Christi, Mobile, Galveston, Hampton Roads, Baltimore, Fort Macon.
- Drug Interdiction Assist Team (DIAT) - To represent specialized training and operational advisory forces, the crest of DIAT, a legacy unit whose personnel embedded with Central and South American foreign ground units to combat narco-traffickers in the late 1980s. Current Special Missions Training Center (Camp Lejeune), Maritime Law Enforcement Academy (Charleston), Patrol Forces Southwest Asia / Maritime Engagement Team (Bahrain), Maritime Infrastructure Protection Force Training Advisory Group (Saudi Arabia), Mobile Training Branch (Yorktown); former DIAT / International Maritime Law Enforcement Team / International Training Division (Yorktown), Redeployment Assistance and Inspection Detachment (Afghanistan), PSU Training Detachment (Camp Lejeune).
- Port Security Unit (PSU) - To represent force protection and defense readiness reserve forces, the crest of former PSU 303, the first PSU deployed overseas in 1990 to Al-Dammam, Saudi Arabia in support of Operation DESERT SHIELD. Current 301 (Cape Cod), 305 (Fort Eustis), 307 (St Petersburg), 308 (Kiln), 309 (Port Clinton), 311 (San Pedro), 312 (San Francisco), 313 (Everett); former 301 (Buffalo), 302 (Cleveland), 303 (Milwaukee).
- Maritime Safety and Security Team (MSST) - To represent anti-terrorism and force protection forces. Current 91101 (Seattle), 91103 (Los Angeles), 91104 (Houston), 91105 (San Francisco), 91106 (New York), 91107 (Honolulu), 91108 (St Marys), 91109 (San Diego), 91110 (Boston), 91112 (New Orleans), and 91114 (Miami); former 91102 (Chesapeake) and 91111 (Anchorage).